The peach tree in our backyard has had a good year, we have more peaches than we know what to do with, but here are a few things we have done with them so far:
- Give them away ... theres only so many you can give away, but this is a good and easy one
- Peach Schnapps/Liqueur I roughly followed the information from this website: Got Peaches? How to Make Peach Liqueur
- For our, we used vodka and a weak sugar syrup about half a cup of sugar to 2 cups of water.
- We didn't have one bottle/jug big enough to put the lot into so it was split into 3 jars, each jar had: 1/3 of the sugar syrup, 3-4 peaches (skinned and cut into small enough slices to get into the jar), a 3-4cm cinnamon stick, 1/3 bottle of vodka, a splash of whiskey
- I added a little whiskey to the second batch, the first batch was pretty sweet and I was looking for a little darker flavour
- Peach Chutney Recipe:
- And also a heap of dried and jarred peaches, using the normal methods for fruit